Skip to content
Do you or someone you know need need help?
Below is a list of local and national resources that you can call upon 24/7.
Depression and Suicide
- Response of Suffolk County: Professionally trained and supervised volunteer counselors offer callers telephone support and help them to explore options that allow them to think through their next steps. 631-751-7500
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Helps individuals in suicidal crisis within the United States to contact the nearest available suicide prevention and mental health service provider. Confidential, Any Crisis, Free, 24/7. 1-800-273-8255
- Alliance of Hope: provide healing, compassionate support to those who are suffering through the lonely and tumultuous aftermath of suicide.
- Crisis Text Line: free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text HOME to 741741
- Teen Line: If you have a problem or just want to talk with another teen who understands. 1-310-855-4673
- Trans Lifeline: Crisis Hotline by and for the transgender community. 1-877-565-8860
- The Trevor Project: A national 24-hour, toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth. 1-866-488-7386
Drug and Alcohol Abuse/Overdose
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services: 24-hour free and confidential treatment referral and information about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, and recovery in English and Spanish. 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Alcoholics Anonymous of Suffolk County: its primary purpose is to stay sober and to help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety. 24 hour Hotline: 631-669-1124 General information: 631-654-1150
- Al-anon/Alateen: If someone else’s drinking troubles you, attending Al-Anon and Alateen Family Group meetings can help. 1-888-4AL-ANON (1-888-425-2666) for meeting information.