Do you or someone you know need need help? Below is a list of local and national resources that you can call upon 24/7.
Depression and Suicide
- Response of Suffolk County: Professionally trained and supervised volunteer counselors offer callers telephone support and help them to explore options that allow them to think through their next steps. 631-751-7500
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Helps individuals in suicidal crisis within the United States to contact the nearest available suicide prevention and mental health service provider. Confidential, Any Crisis, Free, 24/7. 1-800-273-8255
- Alliance of Hope: provide healing, compassionate support to those who are suffering through the lonely and tumultuous aftermath of suicide.
- Teen Line: If you have a problem or just want to talk with another teen who understands. 1-310-855-4673
- The Trevor Project: A national 24-hour, toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth. 1-866-488-7386
Drug and Alcohol Abuse/Overdose
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services: 24-hour free and confidential treatment referral and information about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, and recovery in English and Spanish. 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Alcoholics Anonymous of Suffolk County: its primary purpose is to stay sober and to help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety. 24 hour Hotline: 631-669-1124 General information: 631-654-1150
- Brookhaven Youth Bureau Sanctuary Program: Provides services to runaway, homeless and troubled youth 12-21 years old and their families. 631-451-8011
- Child Abuse Prevention Services of Long Island: dedicated to the prevention of bullying, child abuse and neglect. 631-289-3240
- Love Is Respect: Support, information and resources for young people who have questions or concerns about dating relationships. 1-866-331-9474 or text LOVEIS to 22522