Summer Reading Club
The Summer Reading Club has begun! Sign up and get weekly prizes for reading, and chances to win special raffle prizes. Join us for an out-of-this-world reading program!
New Museum Pass: Southold Historical Society
We now have a museum pass for the Southold Historical Society, which gives patrons free access to the Nautical Museum at Horton Point Lighthouse and the Maple Lane Museum Complex.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Sign your child up for the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program! This is a great opportunity to get your child ready for Kindergarten. Earn prizes along the way!
Kids’ Art Space
Did you know we have a designated wall just for kids’ art in the Children’s Department? Bring a painting, drawing, sketch, scribble, or other work of art that your child made and we will hang it up! Write your child’s name and your phone number on the back so we can return it to you after a month. Your child will be so proud to hang their artwork up!
Our goal in the Children’s Department is to help sustain our community by providing services that support and empower children to become eager readers, creative thinkers, and resourceful learners.
How we do it:
- Year-round programming, including baby/toddler programs, preschool storytimes, arts and crafts, live entertainment, films, parenting workshops, and our annual Summer Reading Program
- Research help and readers’ advisory for kids
- Free museum passes and discount tickets to local museums and attractions
In our Children’s room we have…
- A comprehensive collection of books and other materials for children and caregivers, including a special parenting collection
- A variety of toys to encourage learning through play
- Over 20 board games for families to use in the Children’s room
- Internet computer terminals with printing functionality, for homework or fun
- Computers with pre-downloaded games for toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- Comfortable seating for adults, caregivers, and kids working on projects or doing homework
- Tables with built-in electrical outlets and charging ports