1000 Books Before Kindergarten
One easy goal to commit to in 2020 is to read 1000 books to your child before they enter Kindergarten. Click here for more information on this literacy program.
Kids’ Art Space
Did you know we have a designated wall just for kids’ art in the Children’s Department? Bring a painting, drawing, sketch, scribble, or other work of art that your child made and we will hang it up! Write your child’s name and your phone number on the back so we can return it to you after a month. Your child will be so proud to hang their artwork up!
Our goal in the Children’s Department is to help sustain our community by providing services that support and empower children to become eager readers, creative thinkers, and resourceful learners.
How we do it:
- Year-round programming, including baby/toddler programs, preschool storytimes, arts and crafts, live entertainment, films, parenting workshops, and our annual Summer Reading Program
- Research help and readers’ advisory for kids
- Free museum passes and discount tickets to local museums and attractions
In our Children’s room we have…
- A comprehensive collection of books and other materials for children and caregivers, including a special parenting collection
- A variety of toys to encourage learning through play
- Over 20 board games for families to use in the Children’s room
- Internet computer terminals with printing functionality, for homework or fun
- Computers with pre-downloaded games for toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- Comfortable seating for adults, caregivers, and kids working on projects or doing homework
- Tables with built-in electrical outlets and charging ports