As of Sept. 8, the Children’s Department has re-opened! For safety, there are still no toys or games, and we will be following the same saftey guidelines as the rest of the library, so we ask you to limit your stay to one hour. There are no chairs except at the two internet computers for kids. Masks are required, except for children age 2 and under.
Our goal in the Children’s Department is to help sustain our community by providing services that support and empower children to become eager readers, creative thinkers, and resourceful learners.
How we do it:
- Year-round programming, including baby/toddler programs, preschool storytimes, arts and crafts, live entertainment, films, parenting workshops, and our annual Summer Reading Program
- Research help and readers’ advisory for kids
- Free museum passes and discount tickets to local museums and attractions
In our Children’s room we have…
- A comprehensive collection of books and other materials for children and caregivers, including a special parenting collection
- A variety of toys to encourage learning through play
- Over 20 board games for families to use in the Children’s room
- Internet computer terminals with printing functionality, for homework or fun
- Computers with pre-downloaded games for toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- Comfortable seating for adults, caregivers, and kids working on projects or doing homework
- Tables with built-in electrical outlets and charging ports