College Search Resources
- College Board: get connected to your college. Find official college planning and preparation tools to help you succeed.
- US News College Rankings: get rankings and data on nearly 1,800 schools, and search for your perfect fit.
- BestColleges.com: Information on colleges/universities across the country and online including school rankings, financial aid, careers and more.
- Niche College Search: Niche helps you find the college that’s right for you. Explore college reviews, rankings, and statistics.
- The College Blue Book – This 6-volume set is completely revised and updated, and remains the definitive guide to thousands of 2- and 4-year schools in the U.S. and Canada, their programs, degrees, and financial aid sources.
- Peterson’s Two-Year Colleges – This comprehensive guide features some 1,700 accredited two-year colleges offering associate degrees as well as some international schools. Detailed profiles give students a complete picture of their choices and describe academic majors, standardized testing requirements, and more.
- Peterson’s Four-Year Colleges – This guide includes detailed profiles submitted by more than 2,000 accredited institutions in the United States and Canada that grant baccalaureate degrees, provide guidance on selecting the right school, getting in, and financial aid.
- Scholarships, Fellowships, & Loans – Provides comprehensive information on sources of education-related financial aid sponsored and administered by private organizations and companies. Covers a variety of programs in all educational areas, including area and ethnic studies, business, computer science, education, liberal arts, medicine, physical sciences, theology and religion, and more. Intended for students and others interested in education funding.
Financial Aid & Scholarship Resources
- The Excelsior Scholarship: Tuition-Free Degree Program. Under this groundbreaking program, more than 940,000 middle-class families and individuals making up to $125,000 per year will qualify to attend college tuition-free at all CUNY and SUNY two- and four-year colleges in New York State.
- FAFSA: the office of Federal Student Aid provides grants, loans, and work-study funds for college or career school
- Cappex Scholarships: uncover millions of dollars in scholarships from colleges, universities, private companies, foundations — and more — to help pay for school.
Career & Job Resources
- Career One Stop: (U.S. Dept. of Labor) tools to help job seekers, students, businesses, and career professionals
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics) a guide to career information about hundreds of occupations
- USA Jobs: the Federal Government’s official source for federal job listings and employment opportunity information