South Country Library Mission Statement
The South Country Library is a community centered facility providing materials and services to help patrons meet their needs for personal, educational, and/or professional information. Emphasis is place on the following roles:
· Popular materials library: featuring current, high-demand, high-interest materials in a variety of formats for persons of all ages.
· Preschoolers’ door to learning: encouraging young children to develop an interest in reading and learning through services for children, and for parents and children together.
· Reference library: providing timely, accurate, and useful information for community residents. Offering knowledge and assist nee to help researchers to conduct in-depth studies through contacts with special institutions, inter-library loan, or other interactions.
· Formal education support center: assisting students of all ages
· Community Center for activities and information: being a central focus for meetings, programs, concerts, and a clearinghouse for current information on community organizations, issues and services.